Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Ethan Aubin <et...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/14 23:33:11 UTC

source for org.spark-project.hive:1.2.1.spark2

In an email thread [1] from Aug 2015, it was mentioned that the source
to org.spark-project.hive was at
https://github.com/pwendell/hive/commits/release-1.2.1-spark .
That branch has a 1.2.1.spark version but spark 2.0.1 uses
1.2.1.spark2. Could anyone point me to the repo for 1.2.1.spark2?
Thanks --Ethan

[https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spark-dev/201508.mbox/%3CA0AA8B38-DEEE-476A-93FF-92FEAD06E404@hortonworks.com%3E]

Re: source for org.spark-project.hive:1.2.1.spark2

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
IIRC this was all about shading of dependencies, not changes to the source.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 17 Oct 2016, at 18:26, Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com>> wrote:

Are these changes that the Hive community has rejected? I don't see a compelling reason to have a long-term Spark fork of Hive.

More changes in hive that haven't been picked up

HIVE-11720 is needed to handle very long HTTP headers, which is exactly the kind of header Active Directory likes to generate

the other one fixes pom dependencies to stop groovy-all getting into to spark. That's been fixed in sparks own POMs; pushing into the spark hive fork ensures that nobody else gets it. This matters as you can abuse serialisation and have SparkContext.objectFile() run arbitrary code in the loader's process. Not ideal.

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: source for org.spark-project.hive:1.2.1.spark2

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.