Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sujatha Arun <su...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/23 05:16:06 UTC

Solr Cores

Hello,

We have in production a number of individual solr Instnaces on a single
JVM.As a result ,we see that the permgenSpace keeps increasing with each
additional instance added.

I would Like to know ,if we can have solr cores , instead of individual
instances.

   - Is there any limit to the number of cores ,for a single instance?
   - Will this decrease the permgen space as the LIB is shared.?
   - Would there be any decrease in performance with number of cores added?
   - Any thing else that I should know before moving into cores?

Any help would be appreciated?

Regards
Sujatha

Re: Solr Cores

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Your question can't be answered as asked, there are just too many
variables. Your best bet is to test and see.

Best
Erick

Re: Solr Cores

Posted by Ranveer Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.