Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Woody <na...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/31 17:43:18 UTC

7.02 on Windows XP: An instance of "Tomcat7" is already running

Hi,

I just installed tomcat 7.0.2 on Windows 7.0.2.  But when I tried to
launch the "Configure Tomcat" or "Monitor Tomcat", I always got the
error message: "An Instance of 'Tomcat7' is already running".  What's
wrong with that?  I tried to stop the tomcat service, but the error
did not go away.  Thanks.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody@gmail.com)

Re: 7.02 on Windows XP: An instance of "Tomcat7" is already running

Posted by Steven Woody <na...@gmail.com>.
On 1 September 2010 12:10, Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sometimes when I boot into Windows/XP I don't get some icons in the system tray.
> I've not seen this happen with the Tomcat monitor, but I have seen this happen
> with the Apache httpd monitor. What I do is bring up the process list, search
> for the offending process (would be tomcat7w.exe for you), kill it, and launch
> it again.
>
> You might have the monitor set to launch at start up (minimized), and then it
> doesn't appear in your system tray.
>
> . . . just my two cents
>
> /mde/

Thank you everyone, now I get see the Tomcat icon in the system tray.
I may overlook it before.  Now I feel comfortable.  Thanks.

Re: 7.02 on Windows XP: An instance of "Tomcat7" is already running

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.

--
Len

Re: 7.02 on Windows XP: An instance of "Tomcat7" is already running

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 01/09/2010 00:49, Steven Woody wrote:
> On 1 September 2010 01:52, Pid <pi...@pidster.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> I think no.  I can open the http://localhost:8080/ and get see the
>>> tomcat welcome page.
>>
>> OK, so you've already got Tomcat running then.
>> Which is what the message says, right?
>
> If launch "Configure Tomcat":   An instance of "Tomcat7" is already running;
> If launch "Monitor Tomcat": An instance of "Tomcat7w" is already running.
>
> In the process list, I can see there are two processes: tomcat7 and tomcat7w.

So Tomcat *is* running.

Have you tried stopping it, or are you just trying to start another one
at the same time?

Posted by Steven Woody <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Steven Woody <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
On 8/31/2010 11:43 AM, Steven Woody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed tomcat 7.0.2 on Windows 7.0.2.  But when I tried to
> launch the "Configure Tomcat" or "Monitor Tomcat", I always got the
> error message: "An Instance of 'Tomcat7' is already running".  What's
> wrong with that?  I tried to stop the tomcat service, but the error
> did not go away.  Thanks.

That is coming from the monitor program; it says you've already got the
monitor running, watching that TC instance.