Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Geoff Soper <ge...@alphaworks.co.uk> on 2006/12/12 01:38:02 UTC

How best to restart SpamAssassin with RDJ

I'm moving from calling SA on a per message basis to using spamc. This
means I need to specify a value for SA_RESTART. Should I being using
/usr/bin/spamassassin or /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin and reload or
restart? What's the difference between the two different files?

Thanks,
Geoff

Re: How best to restart SpamAssassin with RDJ

Posted by Bob McClure Jr <bo...@bobcatos.com>.
On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 12:38:02AM -0000, Geoff Soper wrote:
> I'm moving from calling SA on a per message basis to using spamc. This
> means I need to specify a value for SA_RESTART. Should I being using
> /usr/bin/spamassassin or /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin and reload or
> restart? What's the difference between the two different files?

/usr/bin/spamassassin is a stand-alone spam checker (as opposed to the
client/server spamc/spamd).

/etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin is a script that starts, stops, restarts,
etc. spamd.  Assuming this is a Linux box, you can either

  /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin restart

or

  /sbin/service spamassassin restart

for SA_RESTART.  They are functionally identical.

> Thanks,
> Geoff

Cheers,
bob@bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
"Where you go in the hereafter depends on what you were after here."
  - Thanks to Graffiti, 2 March 2004