Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stefano Barella <st...@one.it> on 2002/11/02 13:51:52 UTC

Font on Linux

Hi to all, I have to use some Font in FOP application to
Create my PDF files.
I can use Font in Windows System, putting into userconfig.xml
File the following lines :

 <!-- ARIAL -->
embed-file="C:\WINNT\Fonts\arial.ttf">

I have created the xml file processing the file ARIAL.ttf through
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader FOP class.
My question is how can I use in Linux (Caldera) operating system ?
The problem is in the userconfig.xml, the lines which I wrote contains
A reference to a Windows ttf file:
embed-file="C:\WINNT\Fonts\arial.ttf"

May anyone help me ?

Thank u
Bye
  Stefano Barella

Re: Font on Linux

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Stefano Barella wrote:
> embed-file="C:\WINNT\Fonts\arial.ttf">
> I have created the xml file processing the file ARIAL.ttf through
> org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader FOP class.
> My question is how can I use in Linux (Caldera) operating system ?
> The problem is in the userconfig.xml, the lines which I wrote contains
> A reference to a Windows ttf file:
> embed-file=”C:\WINNT\Fonts\arial.ttf”

Transfer the TTF file to the Linux system, let's say into
directory /usr/fonts/ttf and set the embed-file value to
the corrensponding value:
  embed-file="/usr/fonts/ttf/Arial.ttf"

Check the font license qhether you actually are allowed to use
it this way.

And please stop sending HTML mail (even better: stop using
Outlook)

J.Pietschmann

Re: Font on Linux

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Stefano Barella wrote:

> I have created the xml file processing the file ARIAL.ttf through
>
> org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader FOP class.
>
> My question is how can I use in Linux (Caldera) operating system ?
>
> The problem is in the userconfig.xml, the lines which I wrote contains
>
> A reference to a Windows ttf file:
>
> embed-file=”C:\WINNT\Fonts\arial.ttf”

That's a reference to a font file itself for the sake of embedding into
a generated pdf, there is no connection to Windows or other OS, that
just have to be valid absolute or relative path to the file.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team