Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Niels van Kampenhout <n....@hippo.nl> on 2006/07/05 08:31:33 UTC

Incorrect link in forms documentation

Hi,

I just noticed that there is an incorrect link in the Cocoon Forms
documentation. In [1], at the end of the section "Selection lists",
there is a link which should lead to more info on selection lists [2],
but instead leads to the page about datatypes [3]. Very confusing. Can
someone fix this?

Thanks,
Niels

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgets/widget_field.html
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/selectionlists.html
[3] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/datatypes.html

howto update the Cocoon website

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
I had a brainwave recently. Any Cocoon committer is able
to now easily update the cocoon.apache.org website and
you do not need Forrest installed locally.

When the forrestbot at our zone [1] finishes the
Cocoon docs, it then tar-gzips them and makes them
available for download. Copy them into your SVN
working copy at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/site/site/2.1
and svn commit.

It is cumbersome because you get all docs, even though
only a few have changed. It is worth it because this
gets the important 2.1/changes.html out there. Note that
Forrest is now portraying the contributors much more
prominently.

I modified the instructions at:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate

[1] http://forrest.zones.apache.org/

-David

Re: Incorrect link in forms documentation

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niels van Kampenhout <n....@hippo.nl>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

[1] http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/2.1/index.html

Re: Incorrect link in forms documentation

Posted by Niels van Kampenhout <n....@hippo.nl>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Niels van Kampenhout wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just noticed that there is an incorrect link in the Cocoon Forms
>> documentation. In [1], at the end of the section "Selection lists",
>> there is a link which should lead to more info on selection lists [2],
>> but instead leads to the page about datatypes [3]. Very confusing. Can
>> someone fix this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Niels
>>
>> [1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgets/widget_field.html
>> [2]
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/selectionlists.html
>> [3] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/datatypes.html
>
> thanks for spotting this. Fixed in Daisy now.

Hmm. I understand from Arje that the documentation I refered to in my
post is outdated and not updated anymore. The latest documentation
apparently is at cocoon.zones.apache.org. To be honest, I was under the
impression that the docs @ cocoon.apache.org are the latest from Daisy...

Isn't it ridiculous that if I click on 'documentation' at
cocoon.apache.org, I am presented outdated docs, and no link whatsoever
to the new ones? Not very user friendly, anyway.

Just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Niels

Re: Incorrect link in forms documentation

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc