Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "linda.floren" <li...@siemens.com> on 2007/10/29 13:55:41 UTC

Re: Ports internally used by active Mq

James.Strachan wrote:

> On the broker side, the ports are well defined in the activemq.xml
> (the <transportConnector> elements) - plus JMX often creates an RMI
> port.

What about the multicast discovery port for example?
It seems to default to 6155, but I did not find it documented anywhere nor
did I find a possibility to change it by configuration.

I also found another server port opend by ActiveMQ, a TCP port apparently
randomly chosen that I can find absolutely no explanation for. Is there a
list of all the ports that ActiveMQ opens? It would be great to have
something like that for firewall configuration.

Regards
Linda