Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Jason Vincent <jt...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/09/10 19:06:02 UTC

felix-cache on Read-Only File System

Hello,
I have a client that wants to deploy our felix based software on a Read-Only filesystem.  The plan would be to "stage" the fully configured application in a VM and then deploy the VM to the various production nodes.  The production nodes' file systems will be read-only.
>From what I can tell, I need to do the following:1) Run the application in the stage area so that the felix-cache can get created.2) Chmod the directory structure to be read-only and see what happens.
Can anyone on this list offer suggestions on better approaches?  For example are there ways to disable the cache or perhaps send the felix-cache to an in-memory filesystem like JIMFS?
What other limitations might the system run into?
Thank you in advance.Jason.