Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ronny Nussbaum <ro...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/07 17:59:09 UTC

Question about SPF checks

Hello,
I've tried to find an answer to this, but couldn't.
 I'm using SA 3.0.3, invoked by Amavisd-New (latest version), on Fedora Core
3.
 I've installed the Mail::SPF::Query module, and it works fine.
 My question is, how can I disable it from being used by SA?
 I'm looking for another way besides giving the value of zero to all SPF
tests in my local.cf <http://local.cf>.
In a way, I want to "uninstall" it, so that SA is not even aware of it.
 Thanks
 -RoNNY

Re: Question about SPF checks

Posted by alan premselaar <al...@12inch.com>.
Ronny Nussbaum wrote:
> Hello,
> I've tried to find an answer to this, but couldn't.
>
> I'm using SA 3.0.3, invoked by Amavisd-New (latest version), on Fedora
> Core 3.
>
> I've installed the Mail::SPF::Query module, and it works fine.
>
> My question is, how can I disable it from being used by SA?
>
> I'm looking for another way besides giving the value of zero to all SPF
> tests in my local.cf <http://local.cf>.
> In a way, I want to "uninstall" it, so that SA is not even aware of it.
>
> Thanks
>
> -RoNNY

Ronny,

  you should be able to comment out the loadplugin line for SPF in the
init.pre file (in /etc/mail/spamassassin on my installation)

Alan

Re: Question about SPF checks

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Ronny Nussbaum wrote:
> Hello,
> I've tried to find an answer to this, but couldn't.
>
> I'm using SA 3.0.3, invoked by Amavisd-New (latest version), on Fedora
> Core 3.
>
> I've installed the Mail::SPF::Query module, and it works fine.
>
> My question is, how can I disable it from being used by SA?
>
> I'm looking for another way besides giving the value of zero to all SPF
> tests in my local.cf <http://local.cf>.
> In a way, I want to "uninstall" it, so that SA is not even aware of it.

Remove the SPF plugin from your init.pre

This is the line you want to comment out:
	loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF