Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Joshua Fox <jo...@twiggle.com> on 2015/10/13 14:17:41 UTC

Why is the Spark Web GUI failing with JavaScript "Uncaught SyntaxError"?

I am accessing the Spark Jobs Web GUI, running on AWS EMR.

I can access this webapp (port 4040 as per default), but it only
half-renders, producing "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <"

Here is a screenshot <http://i.imgur.com/qP2rH46.png> including Chrome
Developer Console.

  [image: Screenshot] <http://i.stack.imgur.com/cf8gp.png>

Here are some of the error messages in my Chrome console.

*Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < (index):3 Resource interpreted as
Script but transferred with MIME type text/html:
"http://ec2-52-89-59-167.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:4040/jobs/
<http://ec2-52-89-59-167.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:4040/jobs/>".
(index):74 Uncaught ReferenceError: drawApplicationTimeline is not defined
(index):12 Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type
text/html:
"http://ec2-52-89-59-167.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:4040/jobs/
<http://ec2-52-89-59-167.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:4040/jobs/>" *
Note that the History GUI at port 18080 and the Hadoop GUI at port 8088
work fine, and the Spark jobs GUI does partly render. So, it seems that my
browser proxy is not the cause of this problem.

Joshua

Re: java.io.InvalidClassException using spark1.4.1 for Terasort

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
This is probably a versioning issue, are you sure your code is compiling
and running against the same versions?

Posted by Shreeharsha G Neelakantachar <sh...@in.ibm.com>.
Hi,
[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Re: Why is the Spark Web GUI failing with JavaScript "Uncaught SyntaxError"?

Posted by Jonathan Kelly <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ah, yes, it will use private IPs, so you may need to update your FoxyProxy
settings to include the private IPs in the regex as well as the public IPs.

Also, yes, for completed applications you may use the Spark History Server
on port 18080. The YARN ProxyServer will automatically redirect to the
Spark History Server once a job has completed, so you can still start from
the YARN ResourceManager. In the case of completed applications, the link
on the YARN ResourceManager will be "History" instead of
"ApplicationMaster".

~ Jonathan

Posted by Joshua Fox <jo...@twiggle.com>.
Thank you!

Posted by Jonathan Kelly <jo...@gmail.com>.
Joshua,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Joshua.

Let me try with Spark 1.4.1.

I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

On 10/13/2015 04:17 PM, Joshua Fox wrote:
>   * Spark 1.4.1, part of EMR emr-4.0.0
>   * Chrome Version 41.0.2272.118 (64-bit) on Ubuntu
>

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net
> <ma...@nanthrax.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Joshua,
>
>     What's the Spark version and what's your browser ?
>
>     I just tried on Spark 1.6-SNAPSHOT with firefox and it works fine.
>
>     Thanks
>     Regards
>     JB
>
>     On 10/13/2015 02:17 PM, Joshua Fox wrote:
>
>         I am accessing the Spark Jobs Web GUI, running on AWS EMR.
>
>         I can access this webapp (port 4040 as per default), but it only
>         half-renders, producing "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <"
>
>         Here is a screenshot <http://i.imgur.com/qP2rH46.png> including
>         Chrome
>         Developer Console.
>
>         Screenshot <http://i.stack.imgur.com/cf8gp.png>
>
>         Here are some of the error messages in my Chrome console.
>
>         /Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
>         (index):3 Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with
>         MIME type
>         text/html:
>         "http://ec2-52-89-59-167.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:4040/jobs/".
>         (index):74 Uncaught ReferenceError: drawApplicationTimeline is
>         not defined
>         (index):12 Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with
>         MIME type
>         text/html:
>         "http://ec2-52-89-59-167.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:4040/jobs/"
>
>         /
>         Note that the History GUI at port 18080 and the Hadoop GUI at
>         port 8088
>         work fine, and the Spark jobs GUI does partly render. So, it
>         seems that
>         my browser proxy is not the cause of this problem.
>
>         Joshua
>

>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     jbonofre@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Why is the Spark Web GUI failing with JavaScript "Uncaught SyntaxError"?

Posted by Joshua Fox <jo...@twiggle.com>.
   - Spark 1.4.1, part of EMR emr-4.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Joshua,