Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Smith <na...@labpro2000.com> on 2002/07/29 01:20:03 UTC

Tomcat 3.3.1 - socketCloseDelay value

    Has anyone found a value to set the socketCloseDelay to for the Http10Connector in tomcat 3.3.1. I am having problems where the java.net.SocketException seems to be re-occuring when users logon and when a window is opened by the parent window in explorer to display information. It seems to happen when the loading of the page is interrupted in some way. I was hoping anyone might have experimented and found a value that works well for them.

Thanks,
Nathan.

Re: Tomcat 3.3.1 - socketCloseDelay value

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I haven't actually seen a need for it at all except on an XP box.  On those,
a value of  100 <= x <= 250 seems to work well (depending on the speed of
the network card).

This doesn't look like one of those cases.  If the user hits the "stop"
button (or clicks on the "x"), then you are going to see a SocketException
no matter what (the browser dropped the connection).

If it is related to socketCloseDelay, then you might want to try using the
nightly with the Coyote connector (the current released version of Coyote is
known to be broken for 3.3.x).  The HTTP/1.1 connector usually solves these
problems.