Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by PSW <su...@wachtel.us> on 2004/01/21 18:19:57 UTC

jboss deployment question

Hi there,

I'm new to Jetspeed and the list and couldn't find an answer to my question in the archives.

I'm using Jetspeed 1.4 on Jboss 3.2.2 (Tomcat)4.1.

When I deploy Jetspeed and start the server, all works fine.  However, when I redeploy, the server goes through the motions of reloading the war (deleting tmp files and recreating them, and such), I get the following error.

_______________
Horrible Exception: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource 'layouts/html/default.vm'
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.loadResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:501)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.getResource(ResourceManagerImpl.java:384)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java:814)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeSingleton.getTemplate(RuntimeSingleton.java:355)
	at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:482)
	at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:461)
rethrown as org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering Velocity template: layouts/html/default.vm: Unable to find resource 'layouts/html/default.vm'
	at org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.renderingError(TurbineVelocityService.java:533)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.decodeRequest(TurbineVelocityService.java:499)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.handleRequest(TurbineVelocityService.java:336)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocity.handleRequest(TurbineVelocity.java:143)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.layouts.VelocityDirectLayout.doBuild(VelocityDirectLayout.java:106)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Layout.build(Layout.java:91)
..
.

The strange thing is that I don't even have to make any changes, I only have to 'touch jetspeed.war' and try it again after it reloads the deployment.  I've been using Jboss for other things and I've never seen this behavior, so, I'm hoping someone on the list might have some thoughts on the subject.

Thanks very much.
PSW