Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com> on 2014/08/29 10:03:20 UTC

Karaf assembly - assembled versions note

Dear Karaf Team,

Karaf Assembly is really great and is working fine. We would like to generate a release note from what has been assembled.

We are considering to create the release note from all assembled features. For instance the assembly pom.xml might contain:
	<bootFeatures>
		<feature>my-feature</feature>
	</bootFeatures>

With referenced "my-feature" as:
	<feature name="my-feature">
		<feature>module-1</feature>
		<feature>module-...</feature>
	</feature>

	<feature name="module-1">
		<bundle>mvn:com.tus.module.module-one/0.0.1</bundle>
	</feature>

	<feature name="module-...">
	</feature>

Is there a way to generate a file containing all assembled bundles such as:

	com.tus.module.module-one 0.0.1
	com.tus.module.module-... ...

So we may parse it and generate bundle assembly related note?

Thanks,
JP

[@@ OPEN @@]

Re: Karaf assembly - assembled versions note

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi JP,

you have the features-export-meta-data goal on the karaf maven plugin
that may help.

I like your idea, to have features-generate-doc as we have the
commands-generate-doc mojo.

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-3194 to track this.

Regards
JB