Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org> on 2005/02/15 23:29:53 UTC

[feedparser] maven site:sshdeploy gives chmod errors

I'm trying to push out a new version of the FeedParser site at

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/feedparser/

Instead of the commons/sandbox URL.

But I get this error:

> site:sshdeploy:
>     [echo]
>       siteAddress = jakarta.apache.org
>       siteDirectory = /www/jakarta.apache.org/commons
>       siteUser = burton
>
>     [tar] Building tar:
> /usr/home/burton/projects/feedparser/target/commons-feedparser-0.5-beta-site.tar
>     [gzip] Building:
> /usr/home/burton/projects/feedparser/target/commons-feedparser-0.5-beta-site.tar.gz
>     [delete] Deleting:
> /usr/home/burton/projects/feedparser/target/commons-feedparser-0.5-beta-site.tar
>     [exec] gunzip: commons-feedparser-0.5-beta-site.tar already
> exists; not overwritten
>     [exec] chmod: dbcp/style/project-colburne.css: Operation not permitted
>     [exec] chmod: dbcp/style/maven-classic.css: Operation not permitted
>     [exec] chmod: dbcp/style/maven-base.css: Operation not permitted
>     [exec] chmod: dbcp/style/project.css: Operation not permitted
>     [exec] chmod: dbcp/style/maven-theme.css: Operation not permitted
>     [exec] chmod: dbcp/images/collapsed.gif: Operation not permitted
>     [exec] chmod: dbcp/images/external-classic.png: Operation not
> permitted

But it says build successful.

Kevin

get a free iPod!

Re: [feedparser] maven site:sshdeploy gives chmod errors

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
The tar uploaded is only 45 bits long. Did you run site before
site:sshdeploy?

I think the siteDirectory should be
/www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/feedparser, not just /commons - that
will stop the attempt to chmod dbcp which must have bad group write
permissions.

- Brett

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org>.