Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> on 2011/09/27 16:25:21 UTC

Re: T5 + Tomcat 7

When I first faced your case just today, I checked the logs, you'll find
some exceptions, start from there and eliminate these exceptions because
tapestry manager does not start your application because of these exceptions
(check tomcat manager for your application's state, it should be *stopped* !
and starting it won't work, it's still throwing exceptions.)

Also 2 things I stumbled upon:

1. Tapestry needs log4j and I use another framework that needs log4j, that
threw exceptions on the startup but I don't think it would've effected
tapestry it self.
2. Looks like in jetty, it's ok to use tml\properties file with a different
letter case than the class file. Like Login.class, login.properties,
login.tml. I had this on jetty running fine. But on tomcat it drove me crazy
till I found out whats wrong and the exception message has nothing to do
with the problem !

I hope i was clear, I wrote this mail fast..wanna get back to my tapestry
baby :D

--
*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana