Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Alex D. Fleming" <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/28 04:24:20 UTC

Re: Netbeans vs Eclipse

Hey Vinay and Others,

Thanks vinay for such a nice comments.
Now a days I am thinking to try NetBeans 5.x for my developement.
As Netbeans is providing the tight integration with subversion ???
(http://www.netbeans.org/kb/articles/subversion-preview.html)
(Anybody of you tried Subversion with Netbeans in the recent days for
ofbiz related development ???)

Vinay can you please tell me what do you do with FTL related developement ????
Do you know some other plugin for Netbeans to do development in FTL ???

Which BSH plugin do you use for BSH related developement.Is it smallx
or something differenent???

Which XML plugin do you use for NetBeans for Form Widget,ScreenWidget
and Mini Language code ??? (I used XML Buddy for Eclipse.)

Please reply me ASAP.I will try to finish ofbiz setup related stuff
with NetBeans in this weekend.
Thanks in advance

--
Regards
Alex D. Fleming

>>Walter,

>>Here are some task based comparisons:

>>1.       Java - NB wins for better coding support
>>2.       XML - Eclipse wins for XSD support
>>3.       FTL - Eclipse wins for having a plugin
>>4.       BSH - NB wins for better plugin
>>5.       Search - Both pretty good, NB has better preview, Eclipse has
better way to restrict search for faster results
>>6.       Performance - About the same, both slower than I like
>>7.       Code printing - Both poor, I use PSPad
>>8.       Column select (you will know when you need it) - Neither has
support, I use PSPad
>>9.       Screen display - Eclipse wins for using native engine (on
Windows),NB comes close with JDK 1.6 (Mustang)

Re: Netbeans vs Eclipse

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Eclipse has a very good SVN plug in with subclipse
(subclipse.tigris.org).  I haven't used NetBeans so I
can't comment to how it stacks up.

>From personal experience, I would strongly suggest
learning and using minilang for scripting in OFBiz
instead of beanshell regardless of which IDE you use.
I haven't found a need yet that could be accomplished
in beanshell that couldn't be accopmlished in
minilang.  And if you do find something that can't be
done in minilang you can always <call-bsh> and script
it out that way.  David (et al?) has done a wonderful
job on this.  You'll find yourself writing simple
methods in reusable ways, where you wouldn't have in
beanshell as well as avoiding many common syntactical
mistakes.  Since you're using XML Buddy in Eclipse,
you'll also have auto completion for the tags.

--- "Alex D. Fleming" <al...@gmail.com>