Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos" <th...@cs.pitt.edu> on 2002/04/07 00:28:29 UTC

BWS book ch3/ex2 problem: No SOAP, just POST

Hello, I've been trying to manage things with the "Builing Web Services..." book.
The problem is with ch3/ex2 where you are supposed to place an Inventory Check request by POSTing a SOAP message. The example seems to work ok, but when I monitor the traffic with TCPMon it appears to be just a simple POST i.e. the data is sent as sku=947-TI&quantity=1 and not as a SOAP message. And of course the request is also not SOAP.

I'm using axis beta1 & tomcat4.0.

Any help appreciated.

TIA,
thalis

p.s. someone else was having problems with the same chapter-example but not like to this