Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Jihong Ma <ji...@us.ibm.com> on 2015/02/18 18:25:22 UTC

Questions about Spark installation support via Ambari

Hi,

we are currently looking at using Ambari to deploy Spark 1.2 & configure
its services (spark history server, JDBC thrift serer), I noticed there are
couple related JIRA fixes integrated to enabling the support,

AMBARI-9572
AMBARI-9494
AMBARI-9669
AMBARI-9583

As I am pretty new to Ambari, so it looks to me the community is still
actively working on it,  I would like to know what portion of support is in
place and what is missing to have a full-fledged support? and do we have a
time line to have it available very soon?

Thank you!

Jihong MA

Re: Questions about Spark installation support via Ambari

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Jihong,

As you noticed, the community has been working on adding Spark support for
Ambari in trunk.
Currently, Spark can be deployed and managed in Ambari using the trunk
build.
You mentioned Spark History Server and JDBC Thrift Server; Spark History
Server can be managed via Ambari, but I'm not sure if anyone in the
community is working on adding JDBC Thrift Server support for it yet.

As announced recently on the dev mailing list, the plan is to cut a
release branch for 2.0 soon.
Once the branch is cut, please expect normal stabilization and hardening
cycles for several weeks until the release happens.

Yusaku