Posted to user@poi.apache.org by fridodev <fr...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/28 11:36:51 UTC

how to get value and position of check box and radio button

Dear all,
I'm using version 3.6 and am trying to read a file in Excel 2003
format (*. xls) that contains ceckboxes and radio buttons.

Let me know how can I do to get status information (true or false) and location.

I am currently using (HSSF *), but I tried different ways until now,
but I never managed to find a way to get information.

1) I saved the file in *. xlsx and tried to use XSSFSheet but I saw
that the method getVMLDrawing (boolean autocreate) has protected
access.

2) tried to control the list returned by XSSFWorkbook.getAllEmbedds ()
but is empty.

in the end I have not Been Able to find Anything Regarding this issue via Google
searches, so I decided to write here hoping for your help.

Regards
Federico

Re: how to get value and position of check box and radio button

Posted by pavanonnet <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Federico Paolantoni,

I am looking for a solution to the same problem. Did you get any solution
for your problem? If yes, could you please let me know how you solved the
problem.

Thank you for your help.

--Pavan

Re: how to get value and position of check box and radio button

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
Please do not accept this as a definitive answer - wait for others to replay
also - but I am pretty confident in saying that POI does not alow you to
interact with controls on worksheets.

The project is always welcoming of contributions so, if you fancy seeing
whether or not you could add this feature to the api, why not have a  go?

Yours

Mark B