Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2001/07/18 11:09:46 UTC

[C2]: Testing for beta2

Hi,

I just started testing the current cvs version of Cocoon 2.0.
I had to fix xsp generation and the redirect example, but
now everything seems to work.

I tested all examples except the sql examples.

Could you all please test if everything is working especially
the sql examples, so that we can go beta2 on monday?

Carsten

Re: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Hi,
do you affiliate my last patch (should be the last) of the MRUMemoryStore in
the
beta2

Cheers
Gerhard

> Hi,
>
> I just started testing the current cvs version of Cocoon 2.0.
> I had to fix xsp generation and the redirect example, but
> now everything seems to work.
>
> I tested all examples except the sql examples.
>
> Could you all please test if everything is working especially
> the sql examples, so that we can go beta2 on monday?
>

> Carsten
>
> Open Source Group                        sunShine - b:Integrated

Gerhard Fröhlich
g-froehlich@gmx.de

"black holes are,
when GOD is dividing by zero"

http://www.gmx.net

GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

RE: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
I try C2 from CVS, and it is not working.. I think
something strange there.

I try C2-2.0 download from your binary, but the
C2-2.1-dev.

I did that instruction, all the war and jar is working
well..

--- Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com> wrote:
> Just dropping is not enough... You need to edit
> cocoon.xconf manually OR
> type
>      build -Dinstall.war=<path-to-instal-dir>
> -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes install
>
> Because there is an absolute URL to HSQL DB files in
> cocoon.xconf. :(
>
> Vadim

=====
Let's Empowering Open Source

RE: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.

Re: AW: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Giacomo Pati a écrit :

> Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>:
>
> > Is this trick still required? I thought that we implement
> > now the destroy() method of the servlet, so everything should
> > be cleaned up fine.
>
> I don't think a ctrl-C will end up in the destroy method for some servlet
> implementation (can this be captured)?

Yes, with JDK 1.3 : you can use Runtime.addShutdownHook() to register
some threads that are executed when the VM quits (ctrl-C, shutdown,
etc). But you cannot capture a kill -9.

I don't know is some servlet engines use this.
--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: AW: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: AW: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Is this trick still required? I thought that we implement
> now the destroy() method of the servlet, so everything should
> be cleaned up fine.

Yes, but destroy() is called only if the servlet engine is shutdown
cleanly. With a ctrl-C on Tomcat, destroy() isn't called.

> If not, could you please add this to the faq?

OK.

AW: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.

Re: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

RE: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

RE: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

RE: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.

Re: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

AW: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Yes, thanks Vadim for reporting this.

So could please someone look into these examples to make
them work for the beta?

Carsten

RE: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.
> Could you all please test if everything is working especially
> the sql examples, so that we can go beta2 on monday?

I tested most examples under Resin 2.0.1 and Tomcat 4.0b5, and found these two issues:
1) protected web app example does not work; can't get past login page
2) "Add" button on "Manage Employees" fails with exception when trying to add new employee:

DEBUG   99548   [cocoon  ] (HttpProcessor[8080][2]): Matched wildcardmatcher_wildcard_N402 pattern:forms/employee
WARN    99548   [cocoon  ] (HttpProcessor[8080][2]): Error, try to process the error page
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not add
record:org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: The form descriptor is not set!
	at org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseAddAction.act(DatabaseAddAction.java:96)
	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.action_set_employee(sitemap_xmap.java:1928)
	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatchN402(sitemap_xmap.java:5361)
	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2361)
	at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2012)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:160)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:103)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:507)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:254)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:194)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:255)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:225)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2252)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:446)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:163)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:875)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:952)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Re: [C2]: Testing for beta2

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.