Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Antony Paul <an...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/09 07:16:48 UTC

Testing servlet for thread safety.

Hi,
    I asked this question as part of another mail but Mr. Tim Funk left it
unanswered.
How to test a servlet for thread safety.

rgds
Antony Paul.

Re: Testing servlet for thread safety.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
There is no real test for thread safety. Thats why I was unable to answer it.
Thread safety is really a finite state machine problem. The real issue is
know that any concurrent flow of control will always keep the system in a
stable state. I use system as a generic term for servlet, webapp, or tomcat
jvm process.

-Tim

Re: [SPAM] Re: Testing servlet for thread safety.

Posted by Jon Wingfield <jo...@mkodo.com>.
OTOH:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/index.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/latka/