Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2006/12/28 07:53:37 UTC

Re: variable substitution in lucene query params (was Re: filter input from multiple fields)

: > directly to have a new "void setParamVariables(SolrParams p)" method.  if
: > it's called (with non null input), then any string that SolrQueryParser
: > instance is asked to parse would first be preprocessed looking for the ${}
: > pattern and pulling the values out of the SOlrParams instance.
: >
:
: When does the setParamVariables(SolrParams p) get called? What should
: happen in this method?

i was thinking it would be called by the request handerly just after
construction -- it would modify the internal state of the QueryParser just
like some of the other setters do., for use in the parse method.

: not sure whether I understand.
:
: You mean

bingo ... and then just dd the code to handleRequest that uses
"substitution" if non null.

-Hoss

Re: variable substitution in lucene query params (was Re: filter input from multiple fields)

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 22:53 -0800, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : > directly to have a new "void setParamVariables(SolrParams p)" method.  if
> : > it's called (with non null input), then any string that SolrQueryParser
> : > instance is asked to parse would first be preprocessed looking for the ${}
> : > pattern and pulling the values out of the SOlrParams instance.
> : >
> :
> : When does the setParamVariables(SolrParams p) get called? What should
> : happen in this method?
>
> i was thinking it would be called by the request handerly just after
> construction -- it would modify the internal state of the QueryParser just
> like some of the other setters do., for use in the parse method.
>
> : not sure whether I understand.
> :
> : You mean
>
> bingo ... and then just dd the code to handleRequest that uses
> "substitution" if non null.

Ok, thanks  I will have a look and submit a patch.

Thanks for your feedback.

salu2
thorsten