Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by kiran kumar <ks...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/14 14:09:09 UTC

Array Of Long getting serialized to Array of long

All,

 In one of our Classes, we have a variable which is Array of Long. When this
class is used in our api, it is getting serialized into array of long and
hence throwing classCastException when we trying to retrieve it. We checked
the wsdl generated, and it says soapenc:ArrayOflong.

public class TransactionSearchFilter implements Serializable {
 private Long[] transactionId;
 //getters and setters
}
corresponding entry in wsdl generated is

 <xsd:complexType name="TransactionSearchFilter">
 <xsd:sequence>
   <xsd:element name="transactionId" nillable="true"
type="soapenc:ArrayOflong" />
 </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>

However, when serializing, we captured the request through tcpmon and found
out that this is getting converted as array of long

We are using *Axis 1.1RC1*. Can you help me figure out the issue.

PS : Will writing our custom (de)serializer for Array(De)Serializer and
handle Long (if it an issue) help >>

Thanks
Kiran

RE: Array Of Long getting serialized to Array of long

Posted by Tom Jordahl <tj...@adobe.com>.
I would suggest upgrading to an actual release of Axis 1.x, preferably
Axis 1.4.  You will probably find your issue has been resolved.

--

Tom Jordahl

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Switch to literal encoding.

Anne

Fwd: Array Of Long getting serialized to Array of long