Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Kramer <DK...@reflect.com> on 2003/08/14 00:01:18 UTC

tomcat-4.1.24 compile error issue with commons-fileupload????

Im trying to compile tomcat 4.1.24 from source and Im receiving the below
error:

    [javac] Compiling 46 source files to
/opt/tomcat/catalina/build/server/classes
    [javac] This version of java does not support the classic compiler;
upgrading to modern
    [javac]
/opt/tomcat/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets/HTMLManagerServl
et.java:205: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method setRepositoryPath (java.lang.String)
    [javac] location: class org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload
    [javac]         upload.setRepositoryPath(tempdir.getCanonicalPath());
    [javac]               ^
    [javac]
/opt/tomcat/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets/HTMLManagerServl
et.java:262: write(java.io.File) in org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileItem
cannot be applied to (java.lang.String)
    [javac]                 warUpload.write(file.getCanonicalPath());
    [javac]

I found the same error online, apparently a developer changed the API within
commons fileuploads around the 21st of July(atleast thats when the email was
posted to the archives).  The email mentioned something about using a new
fileupload version where the missing method is found(DiskFileUpload).  The
email also said to not use an older version of commons-fileupload.  Does
anyone have any ideas or recommendations on resolving this issue?  Im
completely stumped and need to get Tomcat up and running ASAP.
Unfortunately Im being forced to compile this from scratch, so just getting
the Tomcat binaries isnt an option.  Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks,
DK

David Kramer
Software Developer
Reflect.com
Direct: 415.369.4856
Cell: 650.302.7889

Re: tomcat-4.1.24 compile error issue with commons-fileupload????

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Either:
1) get the HTMLManagerServlet.java file from 4.1.27
2) look in the CVS, and apply the patch to your copy
3) get commons-fileupload-B1

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Either: