Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by jl...@br.ibm.com on 2005/10/18 15:01:11 UTC

Migrating JFTP4I to JFTPServer

Rana,

        It´s really nice to meet you, i have downloaded the lastest source
code for JFTPServer, and in a first view i have identified a lot of
similarities with JFTP4I. I think that we must discuss, to see the
benefits in this (to both sides) approch. But in a first view, the areas
that i think we can help are basically in the management of the conteiner
for different applications and transactions - a feature that we are
current implementing in JFTP4I. Both solutions have implemented the rfcs
to manage the requests, so we must discuss if it's interesting to join
these parts.

        Tell me what you think. :-)

        []s,

        João

Re: Migrating JFTP4I to JFTPServer

Posted by jl...@br.ibm.com.
>Hi,

>   It is great to talk to a fellow developer. I have
>downloaded JFTP4I from sourceforge
>(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jftp4i). I could not
>find the source code. Will you please share the source
>code so that I can study it.

        Sure,

        Sorry, you can download the source using two different ways.
First, you can download using the anonymous CVS access to
cvs.sourceforge.net (if you cannot do that, you still can navegate in the
CVS view on the browser, and download file by file - a really pain in the
... :-P - using the link http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jftp4i/.
You can also download the source (together with the binary files) through
this release:http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jftp4i/jftp4i.jar

        To access the files using CVS, you can use something like this:
                cvs
-d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/jftp4i login
                cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/jftp4i co -P jftp4i

        Obs.: I don´t like to use cvs on the command line, so i use the
CVS client inside MyEclipse 8-).
        PS.: Part of the documentation (inside the classes) are still in
Portuguese (sorry), and we are currently working to change that (but if
you understand Portuguese, you will have no problem). If you have any
doubts... just screen ..., just kidding, i will try to help (if i can)
:-).

        I really hope that we can work together as a team. Anxiously wait
for your response.

        []s,

                João

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.