Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com> on 2002/10/01 19:01:13 UTC

Async invocations

All,

I am playing around with the following:

    Use an interceptor / extension in conjuction with the thread pool to

    allow async method invocation. The interceptor bundles up the method
call
    (instance + method object, just like an InvokationHandler) and
    passes it to a threadpool for execution.

So, what metadata do we store about methods of a service interface?

I looked through excalibur/meta but couldn't find anything.

I figure the only methods that can be made async are those that return
void and do not throw Exceptions.

/LS

Re: Async invocations

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Leo Sutic wrote:

>All,
>
>I am playing around with the following:
>
>    Use an interceptor / extension in conjuction with the thread pool to
>
>    allow async method invocation. The interceptor bundles up the method
>call
>    (instance + method object, just like an InvokationHandler) and
>    passes it to a threadpool for execution.
>
>So, what metadata do we store about methods of a service interface?
>
>I looked through excalibur/meta but couldn't find anything.

Attributes related to lifestyle management are detailed under the
following URL (bottom ont he page).

  http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/container/attributes.html

Cheers, Steve.

>I figure the only methods that can be made async are those that return
>void and do not throw Exceptions.
>
>/LS
>

>--

Stephen J. McConnell