Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/10 18:55:47 UTC

[HELP]Cannot retrieve definition for form bean null

Hi, it is me again.

I still have problem with displaying my JSP.  This
time, the error message is:

'[ServletException in:/frame/content/messageForm.jsp]
Cannot retrieve definition for form bean null'

1. I click on this link:

Message</html:link>

2. the action mapping in struts-config.xml is:

    <action
        path="/MailMessage"
        parameter=".message.Form"

type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"/>

3. the tile piece .message.Form in the tiles-def.xml:

  <definition extends=".frame.Base"
name=".message.Form">
    <put name="content"
value="/frame/content/messageForm.jsp" />
  </definition>

4. And my messageForm.jsp has:

<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-html" prefix="html" %>

   all <html: ....  and HTML tags for a form.  The
   code behaves well because I am able to see the
   form in IDE view.

5. the action mapping in struts-config.xml:

    <action
        path="/message/SendMessage"
        type="org.dhsinfo.message.SendMessage"
        name="messageForm"
        scope="request"
        validate="false"
        input=".message.Form">
       <forward
            name="success"
          path="/confirmation/messageForwarded.jsp"/>
    </action>

6. the 'SendMessage.java' that is supposed to retrieve
the information in the form upon submit has not yet
been prepared yet.

7. near to the top of the struts-config.xml file, I
have:

<form-beans>
     <form-bean
        name="messageForm"
 type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">

          <form-property
            name="msgtype"
            type="java.lang.String"/>
          <form-property