Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ca...@gru.com on 2004/02/13 18:49:27 UTC

RE: Can I set the classpath for a plugin?

What about using the project.xml from the plugin?  You can add dependencies
via the <dependencies> subnode...

Is this not adequate?

-john

Posted by David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
AFAIK this is not adequate.

Each time I use the plugin I need different stuff on the classpath.

Some background is that the xmlbeans schema compiler, each time it is
called, makes sure everything referenced (recursively) from the schemas
you tell it about can be processed by code.  Anything you have already
processed needs to be available in the schema compiler classloader or
it will generate another copy.

an example:

module A has schema A, with no references.  schema compiler compiles it
fine.

module B has schema B which references A.  Unless the results from
module A are available in the classloader for the schema compiler when
compiling B, the schema compiler will generate duplicates for what id
did for module A.

thanks
david jencks