Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by velimzo <ve...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/30 21:37:01 UTC

help

I am new in Derby.

Here is my problem:
I am following "Getting Started With Java DB" instructions.
Problem occures when I try to follow instructions for "Run a JDBC program using the embedded driver".
When I try to compile WwdEmbedded.java there is an error that looks like this:

WwdEmbedded.java:80: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable WwdUtils
location: class WwdEmbedded
             if (! WwdUtils.wwdChk4Table(conn))
                   ^
WwdEmbedded.java:92: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable WwdUtils
location: class WwdEmbedded
                answer = WwdUtils.getWishItem();
                         ^
2 errors

My version of Java is : Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_17-b04)
Version of Derby is : Derby 10.4.2.1
Operating System : Windows XP sp3

I am thankful on every answer...

Re: help

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> I am following "*Getting Started With Java DB*" instructions.
> Problem occures when I try to follow instructions for "*Run a JDBC
> program using the embedded driver*".

Hi, Sorry about this. We just fixed these docs in the trunk, so the
docs will be better in the next release.

> When I try to compile *WwdEmbedded.java* there is an error that looks
> like this:

> *WwdEmbedded.java:80: cannot find symbol
> symbol  : variable WwdUtils

To avoid this problem, simply compile both classes at the same time:

   javac WwdEmbedded.java WwdUtils.java

thanks,

bryan