Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by "Bruggeman, Michael" <mi...@hp.com> on 2009/08/09 13:14:12 UTC

Single source documentation requirement

Hi All,

In reference to out earlier discussion regarding the "Apache Wink Documentation", and the PDF and HTML "single source" documentation requirement.

I have built an example draft version of the first two chapters of the "Apache Wink Developers Guide" using WIKI and convergence technologies, located at the following address:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WINK/Apache+Wink+Developer+Guide

In addition to these two example chapters I have also generated a PDF and an HTML version of the documentation, and they can be viewed by going to the following address:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=2328628

Note: In order to view the HTML files, first download and uncompress the zip file, and then simply click on the "index.html" file located in the folder in order to view the HTML version.

Additional Note: The documentation content is a Draft and thus, still subject to change and improvement and is only to be referred to in relation to the "single source" requirement for the Wink documentation.

Thanks,
Michael

RE: Single source documentation requirement

Posted by "Baram, Eliezer" <eb...@hp.com>.
Hi
AFAIK Michael had set the TOC and now he is working on migrating the documentation we had for 0.1 release to the new format.
I see also that there is a similarity between Michael's chapter 4 JAX-RS Concepts (currently only TBD) and Bryant's JAX-RS chapter, I believe they could merge together.
Regards,
Eli

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks Michael, just pulled the content and took a look myself.  Looks
great!  This is exactly what we need as it makes adding and refreshing
documentation much easier.

How should we go about moving it all over?  Should we do it in chunks or
chapters?  I find that to be easier than sitting down and doing the entire
doc, so you can review each piece at a time.

Can we make it a goal for the next release to have the docs (PDF and HTML)
from the single stream?

-N

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             Bryant Luk
             <bryant.luk@gmail
                                       wink-dev@incubator.apache.org,
             08/13/2009 08:15                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Single source documentation
             Please respond to         requirement
             wink-dev@incubato
               r.apache.org

--

- Bryant Luk

Re: Single source documentation requirement

Posted by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

--

- Bryant Luk