Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Arul Angappan <ar...@wipro.com.INVALID> on 2023/01/20 08:03:27 UTC

DATA_READ ERROR

Dear Team,

Can you please help on below scenario. How to over come this DATA_READ_ERROR?

select a.* from ORACLE.`HR`.`JOBS` as a  FULL JOIN ORACLE.`HR2`.`JOBS` as b  ON a.`JOB_ID` = b.`JOB_ID`
where   a.`MAX_SALARY`>=6000 AND b.`MAX_SALARY` <=10000 and b.`JOB_ID` IS NULL
throws error : Error: DATA_READ ERROR: The JDBC storage plugin failed while trying setup the SQL query.
select a.* from ORACLE.`HR`.`JOBS` as a  FULL JOIN ORACLE.`HR2`.`JOBS` as b  ON a.`JOB_ID` = b.`JOB_ID`
where   a.`MAX_SALARY`>=6000 AND b.`MAX_SALARY` <=10000 and b.`JOB_ID` IS NOT NULL
Working fine.

Thank you,
Arul

Internal to Wipro

'The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com'

Re: DATA_READ ERROR

Posted by James Turton <ja...@somecomputer.xyz.INVALID>.
Are you using a recent version of Drill?

It looks like there's a problem pushing down the IS NULL operator to
Oracle. We'll need to look into our Oracle dialect support but does the
following double negative serve as a workaround for getting the null
job_ids for you?

select a.* from ORACLE.`HR`.`JOBS` as a  FULL JOIN ORACLE.`HR2`.`JOBS` as b  ON a.`JOB_ID` = b.`JOB_ID`
where   a.`MAX_SALARY`>=6000 AND b.`MAX_SALARY` <=10000 andNOT b.`JOB_ID` IS NOT NULL