Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Raymond Lau <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/13 02:06:20 UTC

ArrayWritableGroupConverter

Hello.  (First off, sorry if I accidentally posted to the wrong mailing
list before - dev - and you are getting this again)

Regarding the ArrayWritableGroupConverter class: I was just wondering how
come the field count has to be either 1 or 2?  I'm trying to read a column
where the amount is fields is 3 and I'm getting an invalid parquet hive
schema (in hive 0.12) error when I try to do so.  It looks like it links
back to here.

*https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/io/parquet/convert/ArrayWritableGroupConverter.java
<https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/io/parquet/convert/ArrayWritableGroupConverter.java>*

Thanks,
-Raymond

Re: ArrayWritableGroupConverter

Posted by Raymond Lau <rl...@ooyala.com>.
Anyone know anything about this?  We have our errors stored in this data
structure, so it's hard to debug when we can't analyze our errors :\

Shameless bump.

--
*Raymond Lau*
Software Engineer - Intern |