Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> on 2014/05/17 03:27:15 UTC

Release note of 4.3 questions

I have question about supported Hypervisor for the Release-notes

ref:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.3/compat.html#supported-hypervisor-versions

1. Hyper-V is an hypervisor family so cloudstack now support 4 hypervisor
 family?
2. what's the difference between :

Windows Server 2012 R2 (with Hyper-V Role enabled)

Hyper-V 2012 R2
3. new API method: is there a way to know what are new API method added in
4.4 ?

Thanks,

Pierre-Luc Dion
855-OK-CLOUD (855-652-5683) x1101
- - -

*CloudOps*420 rue Guy
Montréal QC  H3J 1S6
www.cloudops.com
@CloudOps_

RE: Release note of 4.3 questions

Posted by Sowmya Krishnan <so...@citrix.com>.

Not sure what exactly come under "hypervisor family". But  from 4.3 onwards, CloudStack supports Hyper-V hypervisor, so you can add Hyper-V hosts to CloudStack

> 2. what's the difference between :
>
> Windows Server 2012 R2 (with Hyper-V Role enabled)
>
> Hyper-V 2012 R2

While Windows 2012 R2 (with Hyper-V role enabled) is licensed windows version, Hyper-V 2012 R2 (core) is not licensed. It's free to download. But it doesn’t come with UI. It uses a menu-driven interface for basic configurations.

> 3. new API method: is there a way to know what are new API method added in
> 4.4 ?
Did you mean 4.3? 4.3 API changes are documented here: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.3/api-changes.html
I think for 4.4, the documentation is still in progress for API changes.