Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lind Jürgen <Ju...@iteratec.de> on 2001/01/23 10:04:47 UTC

JDBC Connection Pooling

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to use the connection pool that comes with
Struts but I have a problem with the <data-sources> spec in the
Struts config file. The Bean simply doesn't show up in the
servlet context (neither the default value nor my own key). When
establishing the the connection pool by hand everything works fine.
But when I try to access it in my initialization servelt (which is
a subclass of the ActionServelt) via the config spec it don't.
Any ideas what I may be missing?

Regards

Jürgen

Re: Struts example uses old Tag Library

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

Rob Leland wrote:

> The struts example for January 23 uses depreciated
> tags for error handling in login.jsp. This appears to be
> the last place the old tag library is used.
>
> -Rob

Thanks Rob ... I just fixed this one.

Craig

Struts example uses old Tag Library

Retreiving multiple values from SELECT boxes

Posted by "k.mcginley" <k....@8over8.com>.
I need to know how to retreive multiple values from a HTML select box using
struts.

So far I have set-up the SELECT box to allow multiple selects. On submission
of the HTML form the values of the SELECT box are submitted in the request
as an array of strings. However the bean setter method does not seem to be
executed correctly as the required property is only set to the first element
in the string array. I have stepped through the code and it seems to go
wrong in the BeanUtils.populate() method were the incoming parameters are
not properly recorded and sent to the property setter method.

Has anybody come across similar problems ?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Regards
Kevin

Re: JDBC Connection Pooling

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
You can access the pool this way:

     GenericDataSource ds = (GenericDataSource)
servlet.findDataSource(null);

which I clipped from a working Action.perform method.

-Ted.

On 1/23/2001 at 10:04 AM Lind Jürgen wrote:

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to use the connection pool that comes with
Struts but I have a problem with the <data-sources> spec in the
Struts config file. The Bean simply doesn't show up in the
servlet context (neither the default value nor my own key). When
establishing the the connection pool by hand everything works fine.
But when I try to access it in my initialization servelt (which is
a subclass of the ActionServelt) via the config spec it don't.
Any ideas what I may be missing?

Regards

Jürgen

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.