Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by René Hartwig <Re...@befine-solutions.com> on 2013/09/17 13:38:06 UTC

Internet Explorer 11 detection

Hi there,

for testing purposes I installed the new IE11 Developer Version on my PC
and recognized that Wicket (v.6.9.1) will not recognize this version as
IE (/ClientProperties clientProperties =
session.getClientInfo().getProperties();/).
I suppose this is because of the fact that Microsoft finally decided to
fulfil some web-standards
(http://www.nczonline.net/blog/2013/07/02/internet-explorer-11-dont-call-me-ie/)
and therefore the User-Agent-String does not contain the 'MSIE' token
anymore.

What is your suggestion on how to handle this? A quick look to your
Release Notes for version 6.10.0 didn't mention anything about it, so I
suppose with the latest version this issue would remain. I also
recognized that jquery>v1.9 has removed the 'jQuery.browser' function
and the new recommondation is to use feature detection instead.
So what would you recommend, or will you update Wicket accordingly with
a next release version?

Thank you and best regards,
René
--

René Hartwig
Senior Developer

*Befine Solutions AG - The Cryptshare Company*
Bebelstraße 17
79108 Freiburg
Germany

Tel: +49 (0) 761 38913 0
Fax: +49 (0) 761 38913 115

E-Mail: _Rene.Hartwig@befine-solutions.com_
Internet: http://www.cryptshare.com

Your attachments are too large or too confidential for e-mail?
Get to know Cryptshare!

http://www.cryptshare.com

<http://www.facebook.com/cryptshare><http://www.linkedin.com/company/befine-solutions/products>

Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 6144