Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by purecharger <rn...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/10 23:39:04 UTC

CXF 2.6.1 supported Spring versions

I'm getting a pretty nasty Spring exception when attempting to startup my app
server using CXF, and I think it may be related to the version of Spring I
am using, which is v2.5.6.

Is there anything in CXF v2.6.1 that would prevent me from deploying with
this version of Spring?

Here is the full text of the stack trace:

http://pastebin.com/g0hRifg8

and a snippet:

2012-08-10 14:14:59,351 [main] ERROR
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization
failed
with name '_filterChainProxyPostProcessor': Initialization of bean failed;
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'cxf' defined in class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
java.lang.reflect.MalformedParameterizedTypeException
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:480)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'cxf' defined in class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
java.lang.reflect.MalformedParameterizedTypeException
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:480)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:880)
	at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.Jsr250BeanPostProcessor.getResourceManager(Jsr250BeanPostProcessor.java:91)
	at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.Jsr250BeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(Jsr250BeanPostProcessor.java:136)

Re: CXF 2.6.1 supported Spring versions

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
CXF 2.6.x uses Spring 3.0.7.RELEASE:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/branches/2.6.x-fixes/parent/pom.xml?revision=1445290&view=markup#l145

If you could upgrade the Spring you are using that would probably fix
your problem.

Your subject line is saying you're using CXF 2.6.1 but your statement
below is saying 2.6.6--which is it?  The problem you're reporting came
up before but was fixed in CXF 2.6.2:
http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/CXF-2-6-1-supported-Spring-versions-td5712317.html
( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4470); so maybe upgrading to
CXF 2.6.6 (if you're at 2.6.1) will also fix the problem for you.  That
said, Spring 2.5.6 is over 4 years old and it would probably be best to
run CXF with the version of Spring that it has been tested on.

Glen

Posted by Mohan Amasa <ma...@stagirus.com>.
Dan:
As I found in my search and from my personal experience, dropping support for Spring 2.5.x is kind of rude. There are many practical reasons why somebody has to be on Spring 2.5.x. In my situation, I have a massive third-party dependency, which is still on Spring 2.5x. I do not have a choice here until they upgrade to Spring 3.x. I hope my story helps the CXF team look at other perspectives.

CXF is a great platform. Please keep up your nice job.

Thanks.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Aug 13, 2012, at 5:36 PM, purecharger <rn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Daniel  Kulp wrote
>>
>> Well, we pretty much just test with Spring 3.0.x now.   However, we
>> haven't done anything to explicitly make it stop working with 2.5.6 (such
>> as remove usage of the deprecated methods).  Thus, it somewhat surprises
>> me that it doesn't work.  If you want to create a simple test case that
>> shows the problem and log a bug, I may be able to look into it.   It could
>> be something simple where we started using a new API where we could use
>> one of the old methods, don't really know.
>>
>> Dan
>>

> I was able to localize it to configuration of the bus. I created CXF-4470
> for the issue, which i reproduced with a vanilla installation of Tomcat
> 6.0.35 and Spring 2.5.3-SEC03 / CXF 2.6.1.

Committed some fixes for this to all the branches.   Next releases should handle this fine.

Dan

> Thanks,
> Ryan

Daniel Kulp