Posted to user@struts.apache.org by GEDA <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/10 14:41:06 UTC

Re: There is no Action mapped for action name HelloWorld. - [unknown location]

Thanks a lot for the solution. It seems that many things are still not
standardized and I simply got stuck for an entire day's work in order to
find a solution for this problem. Thanks again.

Re: There is no Action mapped for action name HelloWorld. - [unknown location]

Posted by ursuletza <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, I am a new user here and I had the same preoblem with my aplication. I
wanted to display a table with some data taken from the database.
I tried to put my struts configuration file in WEB-APPS/classes but tomcat
gave me an error telling me that "filter dispatcher " dindn't find my
configuration files.

Here is the error I get:
There is no Action mapped for action name comboboxTag. - [unknown location]

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.java:186)

org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(StrutsActionProxyFactory.java:41)
	org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:494)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:419)

Here is my directory structure:
new/core/action/comboboxTag.java
new/core/db/DbManager.java
new/core/db/Device.hava
new/core/db/device.hbm.xml
new/core/hibernate/HibernateSessionFactory.java
new/WEB-INF/lib
new/WEB-INF/struts.xml
new/WEB-INF/web.xml
new/index.html
new/comboboxTag.jsp
new/hibernate.cfg.xml

Here is my struts.xml:

<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
          "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN"
          "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_2_0.dtd">

<struts>

 <constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation" value="false" />
 <constant name="struts.devMode" value="true" />

<package name="action" namespace="core/action" extends="struts-default">

<action name="comboboxTag" class="core.action.comboboxTag">
 <result>comboboxTag.jsp</result>
</action>
</package>

</struts>

here is my web xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app id="WebApp_9" version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"

    <display-name>Struts Blank</display-name>

    <filter>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

I hope this information hels u to give me an answer. Thanx!