Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/30 10:44:11 UTC

OpenMeetings in clustering with Master/Slave - Public API Review

Hi,

we have been discussing some of the cluster approaches.
I have summarized some graphs and a API descriptions:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Cluster+Master-Slave+overview

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: OpenMeetings in clustering with Master/Slave - Public API Review

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes and no,

any SOAP User that has minimum WebService Level.
That is our access control.

Sebastian

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Sorry forgot we have only 1 db. Trying to invent simplier way to sync
(without all those manual synhronisations)

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Yeah,

sorry but you should get comfortable with it :))
Nodes in the cluster have to communicate with each other, so they now "I am
here".
And any communication between nodes should happen via a defined API.
What you want to get rid of I rather see as an enhancement. With the ping
method the master not only knows the userload on all nodes but also which
of the nodes are really online.

I know that in the PHP, Mysql, LAMP world load balancing and clustering is
done by using RSync scripts to sync data between Nodes and making some
MySQL replication. That might be the standard way to cluster and scale
here. And then you do some round rubin as load balancer.
But we are not a PHP, MySQL, LAMP application.

We have caches, we create sequences in all instances that write to the
database. Later on we should implement Transactions, so that we can really
do "RollBack" if for example a User registration fails, so that not part of
the user is written to db while other part isn't.

Ideally in our setup the "slaves" do not need a database at all. They
simply do streaming of audio/video and sync messages between the clients of
a conference room.
Only the master handles db (how we scale/cluster the master is a quite
different story).

What we are doing now is one step in that direction. Make the slave do less
db related stuff until finally slaves will do streaming only.
And finally we can then think about how to apply the existing
Red5-Clustering based on Edge-Orion clustering where the RTMPClient acts a
StreamProxy.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.