Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Praphul Chalasani <pr...@persistent.co.in> on 2008/01/11 13:37:07 UTC

regarding creating a project using maven

When I check for mvn -version  ,it has displayed the version(Maven version:
2.0).

When I ran the following command , I am getting the error .

F:\work2> mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app
-DartifactId=my-app

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin: checking
for up

dates from central

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' could not be retrieved from
repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file

[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

[INFO]

[INFO]

[INFO] Total time: 36 seconds

[INFO] Finished at: Thu Jan 10 18:28:03 GMT+05:30 2008

[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M

[INFO]

Can you suggest me the solution.

Thanks&regards,

Praphul.

DISCLAIMER

Re: regarding creating a project using maven

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
First I would upgrade to the latest 2.0.8 version of Maven.

Then I would read the documentation around configuring an Internet
proxy for Maven in settings.xml. It sounds like Maven cannot connect
to the Internet to download necessary files.

Wayne