Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Evans <se...@guilfordgroup.com> on 2019/05/23 19:35:52 UTC

8.5.42 ETA?

Hi, any ETA on when 8.5.42 will be released?

Thanks!

Scott Evans

Re: 8.5.42 ETA?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 23/05/2019 20:35, Scott Evans wrote:
> Hi, any ETA on when 8.5.42 will be released?

8.5.x is on a roughly monthly release cycle.

The typical pattern is that I (as the current release manager) start
looking at the open bugs (not enhancements) against all Tomcat versions
a few days before the end of the month. Once all the open bugs are fixed
I tag and release 9.0.x and 8.5.x. That takes about an hour. There is
then a 72 hour voting period. Assuming the votes passes, the files are
made public, the mirrors are given 24 hours to sync and then we announce.

Things never run quite that smoothly. The releases normally land some
time in the second week of the month.

Mark