Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by gr...@aol.com on 2015/09/13 19:00:43 UTC

Open Office in Windows 10

How do I eliminate the need to authorize soffice.exe to run every time Open Office is used?

Re: Open Office in Windows 10

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Perhaps he's running as a user and is being asked for the admin's password.

BTW, contrary to common practice, users should not have admin
privileges.  They should be asked for the password when installing
software.  Otherwise they greatly compromise security and open the door
for malware.

Whenever I set up a Windows computer, I create an admin account and
another for users.  There's rarely any reason to run as admin.  This is
also the normal practice in Linux.

RE: Open Office in Windows 10

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Is there a box to check that says something like “don’t remind me again” or “use this response from now on?”

This is a warning because the code is not signed, something that is becoming increasingly important on consumer PC operating systems. Windows 10 is raising the bar.

-   Dennis

-   And again, please respond to the users@openoffice.apache.org <ma...@openoffice.apache.org>