Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Manoharam Reddy <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/31 09:10:20 UTC

How is lib-http plugin called? It is not there in plugins.include!

I was observing plugins.include property of my nutch-site.xml

It has has:-

<value>protocol-http|urlfilter-regex|parse-(text|html|js)|index-basic|query-(basic|site|url)|
summary-basic|scoring-opic|urlnormalizer-(pass|regex|basic)</value>

We can see that it doesn't have "lib-http". But I have seen that
lib-http is used in protocol-http. In the HttpResponse.java of
lib-http, it refers to HttpBase.java which is present in lib-http.

So, when lib-http is not included in plugins.include, how does lib-http work?

Re: How is lib-http plugin called? It is not there in plugins.include!

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.
When plugin.auto-activation is set to true, dependent plugins are also
loaded in a recursive fashion.  In this case we load protocol-http which
depends on nutch-extensionpoints and lib-http, therefore all three
plugins are loaded.  If you set the auto activation to false then you
would need to explicitly specify all plugins in the plugin.includes
configuration variable.

Dennis Kubes