Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/03 22:10:06 UTC

Trouble editing roles on trunk

On the 'roleedit.action' page [1] I see a section labeled "Users
defined with the current role" with two boxes and left/right arrows
between.

There is no indication of what it means to be in the left box vs. the
right, and if I click the arrows without selecting any users, the
users just disappear.

This is probably a Redback problem, but I'm seeing it in Archiva trunk
and wanted to bring it up before it gets released this way.

(It does seem to work if I select user(s) and move them left and
right, but again it's not clear what it means to do that.)

[1] Click 'User roles' in the left menu, choose one that has some
users, and click 'Edit'

Re: Trouble editing roles on trunk

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> I couldn't find a corresponding issue in Redback.
>
> I've never used the page and I'm honestly a bit skeptical about it's usefulness for editing users. If I were to open a page like vmbuild, you'd have thousands of users in the dropdown. It is surely easier to do this the other way around.

I tried to reproduce it in the Redback Struts 2 example app, but the
example app doesn't have a link to this feature.  I'll work with it a
bit more and see if I can find more info on what the page is supposed
to do, then report it in Redback.

--
Wendy

Re: Trouble editing roles on trunk

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 04/03/2010, at 9:45 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>> It's not like that in 1.3? As I don't think anything changed in that area on trunk...
>
> I didn't test other Archiva versions, I've been using the branch that
> removed the database, and just switched to trunk since I thought it
> got merged.

Yep, they merged.

> The edit roles thing is coming from Redback, so whenever it got added there...

It's in 1.3 already (And probably a number of earlier releases).

I couldn't find a corresponding issue in Redback.

I've never used the page and I'm honestly a bit skeptical about it's usefulness for editing users. If I were to open a page like vmbuild, you'd have thousands of users in the dropdown. It is surely easier to do this the other way around.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org