Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/11/06 15:35:45 UTC

YouTube Nonprofit Program

It appears that we have an ASF "channel" on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheApacheFoundation

I see that there is also a YouTube Nonprofit Program, that brings some
extra perks beyond a normal account: http://www.youtube.com/nonprofits

Does anyone know, is our channel currently part of that nonprofit program?

If we are part of that program (or are interesting in joining it) then
there is this interesting note:

"We only allow one membership per organization. However, branches of
umbrella organizations that share Employee Identification Numbers
(EINs) with their parent organizations are eligible for individual
memberships. Branches must indicate that they are applying as a
"related organization" during the application process and go through
additional screening."

This might be an avenue for having project-specific accounts as well,
which might be interesting for projects like Apache OpenOffice, which
have already produced a number of Youtube videos, but all scattered
among individual user accounts.

Anyone else interested in this?  Is this worth pursuing?  Who controls
the current ASF YouTube account?

Regards,

-Rob

RE: YouTube Nonprofit Program

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
The way I see this is that Sally is +1 from a press@ perspective on Robs
option 4.

I think we (ComDev) would make use of this using the videos being shot here
in ACEU as long as we can get someone to do the necessary editing (in theory
we have a volunteer for that over on the ConCom list).

Rob seems to be saying the AOO project will also make things happen (and Rob
there was lots of energy around the marketing discussion in today's AOO
community development session so timing is probably good - a couple of the
AOO sessions are being recorded too).

Like Sally though I'm really swamped. If the super energetic Rob is able to
explore option 4 then I think there is enough buy in to help make it useful.
Rob, I'd suggest you proceed to do whatever you think is best for AOO and
keep us in the loop so that ComDev and Press@ can add to your efforts as and
when possible.

If you have something specific you need help with just holler.

Ross

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.