Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Mynhardt Vlok <my...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/15 09:20:57 UTC

Wicket in the industry

Hey community

I'm testing / using wicket at the moment and have to convince my company to
use the framework.
I really enjoy wicket and it's ease of use. Thing is my company has asked me
two valid questions
which I hope the community can answer.

1. How is wicket's stress load? For example could you use the framework for
example as an interface to a banking system
    that handles hundreds of requests at the same time?

2. And i think this question relates to the first one, is wicket being
adopted by big businesses? Do they use it for their
    web interfaces?

If anyone can answer these questions I would appreciate it as I would like
to convince them to use this framework.

Re: Wicket in the industry

Posted by Vladimir K <ko...@gmail.com>.
Look the site has raw wicket urls :)

Re: Wicket in the industry

Posted by Anantha Kumaran <an...@gmail.com>.

RE: Wicket in the industry

Posted by Josh Chappelle <jc...@4redi.com>.
Hi,

I work for a company that develops banking software and we use wicket for
our software. Our software runs in house for the banks on their local
intranet. We love wicket and its component oriented nature.

I have load tested wicket with JMeter and I can't remember the exact
measurements but I remember thinking that wicket can handle a few hundred
requests in a small amount of time. You may have to load test it for your
specific requirements.

Hope this helps your confidence in wicket.

Thanks,

Josh