Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Left Right <ol...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/17 16:13:20 UTC

RSLs loading in FP14

Hi list,

I know this isn't strictly on topic, but hopefully, close enough.
Would anyone happen to know whether there had been changes in Flash
Player 14 preventing it from loading RSLs from Adobe CDN?

I work on Linux machine and I don't have the latest FP version. In FP
12 RSLs load without a warning. FP14 on our QA Windows machine
however, signals security error and doesn't load.

My first guess was that maybe Adobe finally dropped RSL support for
new players? I searched FP release notes, but they are very
unspecific, so I can't conclude what exactly happened.

Best,

Oleg

RE: RSLs loading in FP14

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
Well you can use the new SDK with the new RSLs, but be aware they aren't signed by Adobe so they will go inside your browsers cache instead of the Adobe Asset Cache[1].  It's the only real hesitation for those of us that use the RSLs.

[1] Win7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\AssetCache

-Mark

Posted by Left Right <ol...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Alex,

Nope, I didn't yet asked Adobe. To be honest, I don't really know whom
to ask there. I was hoping this is a known issue, so I wouldn't need
to do my own research.

Other than that, I do understand the benefits of updating, there are
more options being discussed, Flex being only one of them, but I'm not
in a decision making position, at most I could suggest.

Best,

Oleg

Re: RSLs loading in FP14

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.