Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> on 2000/06/01 21:36:02 UTC

Re: Perl 5.6+mod_perl bugs (was Re: Win32 mod_perl binary [update])

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Jeremy Howard wrote:

> *  Many problems appear running under Apache::DB. In particular,
> Apache::Util::escape_uri causes a segfault under Apache::DB in some
> circumstances, as does Apache::Request::register_cleanup (when called as
> a class rather than an object method)
> *  Slight changes to code can cause a segfault for no apparent reason.
> For instance, under Apache::DB, the following causes a crash (from
> Email::Valid)...
>
> $Resolver = new Net::DNS::Resolver unless $@;
>
> ...while the following works fine...

>   $Resolver = new Net::DNS::Resolver;
> }

the debugger is often tripped up inside mod_perl (inside perl_call_sv i
should say), i've had problems with 5.005_03 too.  if you can post tiny
examples that trip up the debugger, i can look into them.
the debugger is another case of 'broken' code, it assumes it will only be
run from the command line with the -d switch (which is why the Apache::DB
wrapper is required).  it's certainly worth doing what we need to so it's
happy inside mod_perl.