Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de> on 2018/09/14 07:33:35 UTC

Information about used MS Visual Studio versions?

Hello,

Where can I get the information which (old) OOo/AOO versions were compiled against which concrete version of MS Visual Studio?

The reason of my question is the current problems with Windows 10 and KB4343909, for example reported in:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=94690
I hope to be able to select a suitable version of OpenOffice Portable that is immune to problems with KB4343909 by knowing version information (about the MS Visual Studio Version).

greetings,
Jörg

Re: Information about used MS Visual Studio versions?

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

We use Microsoft's Visual C++ 2008 SP1 for building current builds. Damjan has put some work in 4.2.0 so we can build with a newer Version ( I think it was 2015, but I am unsure) I think. There is a mail in archive.
I think your Idea is best tested with 4.2.0. We could then think if backport to 4.1.6 is an option.

The current requirements you find on
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_Windows

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Yes. On the 4.1.x series we are on Java 1.8. the 4.2.0 Series will
support 1.9. Java is optional, but you would loose features.

We also have some code that is written in Python I think. I think we use
perl only in the build environment but I am not sure of this.

Posted by Howard Cary Morris <ho...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Jörg,