Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Chzy <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/19 21:38:29 UTC

CMS API

I am trying to integrate some C++ code to use the ActiveMQ JMS queue, but we
need to use a Queue and not a topic.  After looking through the JMS
specification to use a queue you need to create a QueueConnectionFactory,
however, QueueConnectionFactory isn't implemented yet.  Are queues not
implemented in the CMS API?  If they are, how would I create the connection?

Chris

Re: CMS API

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
You're right - currently, the CMS API only supports topics (that will change
in the near future).  CMS, as it stands, operates on the Stomp protocol,
which treats topics and queues the same - so nothing is really lost by using
topics.  If you need true queue functionality, I believe you need to use the
openwire-cpp client.  http://www.activemq.com/OpenWire+CPP+Client

There is an effort going on to merge the two into a single c++ client that
supports both protocols.

Regards,
Nate