Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Selva <se...@hotmail.com> on 2020/08/03 18:47:56 UTC

Apache openoffice 4.1.7

Hello,

I am interested to download apache openoffice 4.1.7 from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

But when I click the download button I am redirected to the link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.7/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.7_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe/download

I understand your advice to users "Be safe.  Remember this simple rule:
www.openoffice.org <http://www.openoffice.org> is the official website
for OpenOffice." From your website
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/how_to_safely_download_apache

Please let me know whether you have direct download facility for
openoffice 4.1.7 from your website itself.

Thank You,
Selva
******************

Re: Apache openoffice 4.1.7

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 00:17:56 +0530
Selva <se...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am interested to download apache openoffice 4.1.7 from
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
>
> But when I click the download button I am redirected to the link:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.7/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.7_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe/download
>
> I understand your advice to users "Be safe.  Remember this simple rule:
> www.openoffice.org <http://www.openoffice.org> is the official website
> for OpenOffice." From your website
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/how_to_safely_download_apache
>
> Please let me know whether you have direct download facility for
> openoffice 4.1.7 from your website itself.
>
> Thank You,
> Selva

The files are stored under high security on Sourceforge servers, whose network is used to provide a server near your location.  If you are in any doubt about the integrity of the files, use the "How to verify the download" link on the OpenOffice download page.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>